Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Interesting morning so far at the new office. I walked in and could not find my desk. Murphy's Law. Finally found it and thankfully my network connection worked. I could hear some people talking and one of them was having network issues and the two others had the wrong phone line setup....so they were getting each others calls. Another person is off in the corner and the AC has been turned off in that area for some reason. She she is sweating.

Thankfully the only real issue I have is the light panel above my desk. It is sooo bright that I think I will have a tan by the time I leave today. Something will need to be done about that, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut until the bigger issues are taken care of :)

As I was unpacking, I realized I have an enormous amount of junk. I took inventory:

2 stands of Christmas lights
3 mugs
Picture of Greg & Calvin
Picture of Calvin & Abby
1 fortune from a forture cookie
Various business cards plus my own
1 desk lamp (which I don't need due to the fact my cube must have been used as a tanning booth before I moved in)
2 light bulbs for desk lamp, one of which I think is burned out
tape
stapler
earphones
hair clip
Kleenex
Box of rubber bands
Lip balm
Nail file
Orange scented lotion
3 buttons
2 needles and various thread
Far Side desk calendar
Key chain
5 magnets
a rock (don't ask)
2 glue sticks
1/2 of an eraser
Exato knife
2 eucalyptus leaves (don't ask)
6 highlighter pens
2 pink
2 light blue
1 green
1 purple
3 post-it note pads
1 staple remover
1 liquid paper pen
2 Sharpies
5 pencils
22 pens:
1 orange
1 pink
1 baby blue
2 red
2 green
8 blue or black
Themed pens:
1 snowman
1 santa
2 Easter (1 egg & 1 rabbit)
1 giraffe
1 Chococat
1 Jack Skellington

Phew! That's it. Well, there is other stuff, but it's all work kind of stuff that makes no sense to you all. I could open a store and sell pens. And the funny thing is, I don't use pens ~ I use pencils. I just like pencils better. So I have this overabundance of pens I never use and only 5 pencils that are not even close to being as interesting as my pen collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...
I took inventory of my shelves, good thing I'm not moving...yet.

~50 sand dollars
5 mugs
1 Tiki keychain
1 troll doll
2 Happy Meal Nemo fish
2 stress reliever thingys
2 small piggy banks
5 memo holders
Plastic pens:
Mickey Mouse ears, dice, piglet, sea things
1 paper umbrella
5 stickers
5 home-made cards ;)
1 small beaded basket
2 blow up fish
Shell bracelet
plastic heart box

L

littlemikemack said...

Interesting project

Top Desk Drawer:
6" ruler
12" ruler
2 Liquid Paper Bottles
Staple Remover
Earbuds
Coffee mug 3/4 of pennies

Desk:
Coffee mug w/7 Pens, 1 pencil
6" ruler
Stapler
Calculator
7 stacked piles of "projects"
About 100 Nielsen rating books

On the wall: Commerative Texas Ranger baseball bat

On the floor: soccer ball

In a small file cabinet: Dwight Shrtue from The Office bobblehead -still in original box.

 Hello, I'm still here!