Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back for now.

Is any one still reading me? Have I lost all my readers....or should I say...reader? My only faithful reader is Mike, I think ~ thanks, Mike!

Had to have some time away. Not sure how long I'll stick around tho. My work load is heavy and things are changing dramatically around here. As you may recall, my department has merged with another departement and we will be moving to their building next week. It's exactly like getting a new job.....that you were not looking for.

We will have all new people around us, all new rules and all new mucky mucks to answer to. We're going from having very few rules in a casual style office, to big rules in a very corporate style office. I've gone from never having meetings, to having two meetings a week starting this week. So nothing is the same, except for the actual work I do....and it sounds like that is about to change, too. The group I work with is merging with another group and I think we will be expected to absorb some of their workload. So lots more to do. And I'm an old dog in many ways.....I don't like to learn new tricks. But I'll have to. And I'll have to appear excited about it. Notice I say "appear"...meaning I'll have to fake being interested. It's just, what I already do, which seems to be a complete mystery to people other than the few I work with, is already a lot of work. So adding more to it in a new environment just isn't something I'm not looking forward to. I was pretty positive about this when they first told us about it because I saw it as an opportunity for making my work life better. But the more we move towards it, the more I see that casual to corporate is not such a fun prospect.

But as always, you can't really judge it until it actually happens. So maybe it won't be so bad....trying not to roll my eyes here.

Anyway, I will try and post if I feel like it, but once we are over there, me and my little work space will be more exposed to the masses and I'm thinking that blogging won't be something I want people to see me doing. Plus, my supervisor is being moved from an office to a cube, so she will be somewhere close ~ perhaps right next to me! I am rolling my eyes now.

I don't usually blog on the weekend or at night, so I may not be around very much after next week. We'll see tho.


All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

6 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Hells bells...is this a post from you ?!?...almost forgot how to comment ;)

Anyway, good to see something from you....too bad it's sounding as if the "end may be near" as far as your blogging career.....that's not good !

I started to post a long winded comment...I said "screw it" and just hit delete. Your a "big girl"...you'll handle all the changes with ease I'm sure.

If indeed your blogging days are over...I'll miss your posts. They are a pleasure to read. I'm amazed I've been posting my usual crap for over a year now...I think it's good theraphy for me....(chuckles) even if no one reads them.

Your quote below is great....I often turn to "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aide" -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832).

I've always known that quote...for a loooong time.

To hear it in a flick (Almost Famous) reinforced it even more....sounds "trivial" (is "trivial" right ??...feel free to replace with "stupid") to say that about how a simple quote can "help me get thru life" is a whole other story.

I'll continue to keep your link in my favorites....feel free to holler at me via email or blog.

Take care

(DAMN, this turned into a long ass comment after all !!)

Kitty said...

Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment, Mike :) And thanks for your kind words, too!

That's cool that you heard that quote in a movie you like so much....I've never heard that one before. I "collect" quotes, so I'll have to add it in with all my others.

Anonymous said...

I'm a faithful reader, too! Just an unfaithful commenter :)

<3 u
L

Anonymous said...

i second what L said. i also read you all the time. =]

MsMarch

Anonymous said...

If you like blogging so much, maybe you should on weekends or at night instead.

Kitty said...

To commenter "If you like blogging so much..." -- care to leave your name in the future! Thanks.

 Hello, I'm still here!