Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin! Cheeseburger?

Yes, it's an In-N-Out double double. With fries.



I cut the faux pumpkin in half and painted it brown bun color. I cut onions out of a plastic lid. Painted a foam disk brown (shown wet below). The cheese is a skinny piece of yellow foam. Thankfully I didn't have to paint that. The lettuce is a piece of crinkled paper and the tomatoes are foam painted red with a narrow strip of paper wrapped around it.



Greg and I had to do yummy "research" at In-N-Out so I got everything perfect. The people at In-N-Out were nice enough to give us a bag an unused fry try :) Maybe I'll give this to them after the contest at work!



I made the fries out of foam that I cut into thick strips and then painted with 2 colors of yellow to try to achieve a real fry color. I put a piece of brown paper in the cup to make it look like it has cola in it. Sorry, I didn't get a photo of the top of the cup.





Everything is glued together and then glued to the try. Nothing moves. All the fries are glued together as well as the burger parts. The bag and everything else is stuck to the tray. I had to do that to make sure nothing fell off during transport. Plus, people might try to pick something up and not put it back the right way. I like it all just the way I put it down and don't want anything moved....right down to the paper the straw came in :)



I really like the way the fries turned out, but I have to say, I loved making the receipt!

What you think? I only spent $12 bucks on the whole thing. The red tray was the most expense thing....$4 bucks.

I'll let you know what happens! Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I am ready to go do some research myself.

Bob

Anonymous said...

*fingers crossed*

L

 Hello, I'm still here!