Thursday, September 30, 2010

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I want to go to Istanbul.

I'm sure most, if not all, of you are currently sitting with a furrowed brow after reading that. Why in the world, literally, would I want to go to Istanbul!?

Well, Martha Stewart did an entire show on her trip there and I was intrigued. It's not a place I'd have thought of going to. Ever. I might have made a joke about going there, but never serious. After watching her show, I can see it looks like a pretty interesting place and I bet it would be a vacation to fondly remember. Especially if you stay at the Four Seasons that's there.

Oh.My.Goodness.

This hotel looks amazing. It was a 19th-century palace that was big enough to convert into a hotel. And it still looks like a 19th-century palace. It has 170 guest rooms, which isn't very many for a hotel. I'm not sure how many rooms it had when it was a palace, but I'd guess in the 200 range since there is another palace there and has about that many. And, you should see the pool. Wow, so pretty. And the indoor pool! Beautiful! Looking at the pictures online, I can tell it's pretty high class.

There are dozens of attractions to see. For some reason I imagine it would be a bit like Estonia. Outdoor markets, mosques, palaces, museums, all kinds of shopping....it all sounds very interesting.

Maybe I will get to go someday :)

Four Seasons Istanbul

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A guy I work with just went there, said it was great.

L

littlemikemack said...

...sounds crazy :)

 Hello, I'm still here!