Thursday, September 16, 2010



Been having a rough week even tho I had Monday off. It's just been "one of those weeks". Plus, last week I had my review and I went into it with the intention of just letting my boss give me her comments and have it be over. However, it didn't go that way. I read through her written comments and they were complementary and there wasn't anything negative, but it lacked appreciation. Sort of a canned remark kind of review. I just know I work hard to get everything done and I think I do a pretty good job. It wasn't coming through on the review. Was just had a...."she works here and blends in with everyone else" feel to it. Now, if I were like that, then fine. But I don't think I am. So I told her. It didn't exactly go over well, but it didn't go over badly either. I mean, I basically told her the review of me sucked....and since she wrote it, it was kind of telling her she sucked at writing it. BUT....I think some of the things I said about how I felt struck a cord with her. She did *seem* to get where I was coming from. This is hard to do with her because she rarely admits wrong doing or mistakes. Granted she didn't say she was wrong or anything like that, but I did get the feeling she understood my point and didn't try to sidestep much of what I said. In the end I walked away feeling maybe she will express more appreciation towards me. It would be nice. We'll see. The picture is of me about 5 minutes ago :)

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

...I've essentially "given up" on reviews. You can certainly sense those responsible for the reviews have been warned by HR...."don't be toooooo positive in any review....it could come back and haunt us should we need to let an employee go".
-
For good employees, reviews/evaluations are pointless.

 Hello, I'm still here!