Thursday, April 29, 2010

I was watching Oprah yesterday and a few things registered with me.

First, she had Brooke Burke on. Brooke was telling Oprah how she made a bucket list of things she wanted to have happen in her life. She's really been putting positive energy out and things on the list have been happening....one of which was to be on Oprah's show! Oprah is a big believer in this....the energy you put out will come back to you. So if you have positive energy, positive things will happen. And, of course, negative energy works the same way. I believe this, too. I also believe everything happens for a reason. You may not see the reason, but at some point it will become clear why things happen the way they do. I just had this happen to me a few weeks ago actually. It's a really long story, and frankly, a boring story, so I won't tell it, but a few years ago an ongoing process has had me upset, mad, hurt at work. It started to really take it's toll on me. Over the last year or so I've been able to just let it ride and it's not been getting to me as much, but it's still been a thorn. So 2 weeks ago I found out why all that happened....the reason it didn't happen. It turns out that the way things went down were for the best. At the time I could not imagine there would be a good reason for the way things were going. But the reason has come to light. And it took 2.5 years. So the answer isn't always just around the corner.

Then she had another guest. Paula Deen. Paula has quite a life story. She's achieved some major goals that I'm sure she didn't even dare dream years ago when she was struggling. Oprah asked her what she would tell someone who has a dream to be or do something. Paula's answer really got to me. She said: There is no sin in failure. The only sin is in not trying.

Wow.

I've heard that before, but for some reason hearing her say it yesterday really did something to me.

I need to think about what I want. Greg asked me what my dream is and I wasn't really able to pin down a good answer. So I'm working on that. Dreaming a dream for me.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!