Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'd like to thank the academy...

I watched the Oscars last night.....loved Ellen. She did an awesome job. So funny.

Just some stand out meoments for me:

The opening with some of the nominee outtakes were good.

Those Cirque du Soleil people behind that screen....really amazing stuff.

Ellen with Martin Scorsese.

Ellen with Clint Eastwood.

I really thought Al Gore was going to announce he was running for president!

Sherry Lansing, who won the Jean Hersholt Award, gave a great speech!

*The commercial with the elephant who gets cold proudcts for his owner....sooo cute!

Melissa Etheridge looked great while she was singing. And wow....the messages on the screen behind her were powerful.

Jennifer Hudson clearly had no idea she was going to win. She was....overwhelmed. Priceless moment for her.

The singing duet with Jack Black and Will Ferrell was entertaining.

And then.....Melissa Etheridge won even tho she was up against all those Dreamgirls songs!

Beyoncé was great on stage. And very pretty!

Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Reese Witherspoon all looked equally pretty.

Celine Dion, Kirsten Dunst, Meryl Streep and Cameron Diaz...could have looked better.

I love the minute or so long video montage clips they always show of past movies. These are some of my favorite parts of the Oscars.

That is about all I can remember.

*This technically was not part of the Oscars, but it was the first time I saw the commercial and it was totally adorable!

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Your freaking me out with that new pic.....it's very "box-like" or something you would see if you exchanged glasses with a stranger on the street.

 Hello, I'm still here!