Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Mystery Song

Posted this on Twitter last night after a tortuous day of trying to remember the words to a song I heard yesterday afternoon. Just curious if anyone will know what it is. Let me know your guesses based on what I remembered about it. Well....maybe I'll give you a little extra info. Sung by a man. Very popular in night clubs and reached #2 on the billboards...this according to Wikipedia. Also, it's not "I Wanna Be Your Lover" by Prince.

What do you think it is?


KittenAtPlay
I was going crazy this afternoon. You ever hear a song and want to download it but forget what it was when you get home?

KittenAtPlay
I've been trying to recall the lyrics all day since I had no idea who sang it or what the name of it was. Pure torture.

KittenAtPlay
All I could remember was it was an 80's song and had the word "lover" in it. Oy.

KittenAtPlay
and there was a part where he said half the line, paused, then said the full line. something about lover. that's all I had.

KittenAtPlay
I finally found it by Googling "be your lover, 80's"


**Updated**

Here's the song. And possibly the worst 80's music video. But I didn't have MTV when I was growing up so I didn't see very many of them...it's sad to think there are worse videos out there. So just listen to the song :)


 Hello, I'm still here!