Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goulash

Not the most appetizing name for food.

*SOMETHING* made me start thinking about it....but darned if I can remember what it was. Anyway, I started thinking back to the goulash my Mom made. I'm pretty sure it was something she made when she had things to use up. It was a one pot meal and had some stuff that was always in it, but then there would be some different things each time. The overall flavor was pretty much the same every time tho. It was my least favorite meal I think. Not that it tasted bad....it just wasn't my favorite thing. However, the more I've been thinking about it, the more I think I want to actually try it again. Why? Not really sure. Maybe I think it will taste better now? *Shrugs*

So I looked at recipes on the internet and none of them seem close to what I can remember about it. It's been at least 30 years since I've had it! I was thinking I'd ask my Mom and see if she can remember her recipe for it, but she's pretty cloudy lately. Maybe I can at least get the basics from her and go from there. Who knows, it could go from least favorite to most favorite!

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!