Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Dream

Maybe nightmare would be a better thing to call it.

I had a dream last night that I got up early to go vote. I walked to the poling place in my neighborhood but I didn't exactly know where the house/street was. Despite that, I got there in time to be one of the first people in a booth. Once in the booth things started going badly. There was this newfangled machine that you had to feed your voting card into. You had to slide one side and open the other side and grab this thing in the middle all at the same time...while feeding your voting slip in. So I wasn't able to get it down. And then I was holding things up because I seemed to be the only one who could not use the newfangled thing. Then, the volunteer guy who is there to help people started making fun of me! So I just said forget it and told the guy to stick it where the sun don't shine and exited the booth without voting. I get outside and I suddenly have on these.....socks....I think....I'm not really sure what to call them....but these socks on that were really tight and I was having trouble walking in them. So I sit down on the grass and I'm struggling to get them off and I start to cry from all the misfortune. I get the darn socks off and I look at my phone and it's 6:30am and Greg is still home getting ready for work....he leaves at 7am for work. So I figure I will hurry home and tell him all this crap. Well....didn't happen. I got lost on the way home since I wasn't exactly sure where I was. Remember, I am like....10 minutes from my house...but this is the way dreams go. Ok, so come upon a swamp. Seriously. Yeah, that was a pain in the ass to get across. Then I didn't know which fork in the road to take. Course I took the wrong one and ended up in some spooky forest. Now it's getting foggy and kinda dark. Great. I get my phone out to call Greg to come rescue me. Of course, no service in the forest. *rolls eyes* I did finally find a bait shop on a lake to ask for help to get back to the main road....except the guy who made fun of me at the poling place was there drinking with all his creepy friends...ugh. So then I was trying to be all incognito so he would not notice me....

It was quite a trying election day.

Hope yours is nothing like my dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

voting by mail might be a better option for you next time.
NT

littlemikemack said...

Wow, that's pretty vivid. I usually can't remember my dreams...from socks you can't walk in to a swamp to the bait shop...that's a freaking nightmare

 Hello, I'm still here!