Thursday, February 02, 2012

Passive Agressive

Passive-agressive BS....I can't even tell you how annoyed I get by this. Don't be one of those people.

I work with people who are passive-agressive to their core. They do it so blatantly but if you call them on it, they act surprised at this revelation. It's really difficult for me to deal with people like this because I don't tolerate BS very well. I usually say what I think and I don't mince words. Then they've become a victim at your expense and play it up.

I've had to step away from people at work to avoid all this. I used to chit chat with people or go to lunch with them, but now I rarely talk to anyone at work and only go to lunch if it's some kind of work related thing. Doing this has really made things at work a lot more peaceful. They're still doing it to each other, but I'm not involved.

The only time this doesn't work is when they are clearly leaving me out and they know I can hear what they are saying. Like having a conversation (loudly) about a new policy and what has to be done. They exchange notes on it but don't bother to give me the information.

"Oh, you don't already have these notes? Oh....I thought you knew...." said wide-eyed in a shockingly innocent tone.

This. Makes. Me. Insane. INSANE.

I'm doing better at not making a comment. It's hard but it helps that I understand what they're up to so I don't play into it. I go back to my work and keep in mind that karma is a bigger bitch than they are.

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!