Monday, August 23, 2010

Shoes

I've never been of the opinion that a $400 pair of shoes is better than a $40 pair of shoes. Shoes are just...shoes, right? I do know that there are realllly bad shoes, so this opinion excludes the obvious cheap shoes that kill your feet and make you hobble for days after having worn them. I'm talking about the $40 - $60 price range. Good shoes. I mean, what could be so much different between them and the $400 pair other than the brand name?

Well.

I have seen the light...so to speak.

I held a pair of $500 patient leather Gucci pumps and I've never touched a pair of shoes that....soft. The leather was slick and so very smooth. I've touched many pairs of patient leather pumps before and they were all slick and smooth.....but this Gucci pair was different. I don't even know how to explain it. And they were stunning.

Here is a picture of them. The pair I saw were blue, but it's the same shoe.



Looking at the picture, they might seem kinda ordinary. Especially since they are gray. Not too thrilling. I think for you to fully understand, you need to touch a pair like I did. If someone else wrote this and I was reading it, I'm not sure I'd be convinced of a huge difference. But there is.

Having said all this, I'm not investing in a $500 pair of pumps. Not even a $200 pair of pumps. For one thing, I don't wear pumps anymore. I wear jeans and flip flops to work and we don't go to dinner parties so they would collect dust in my closet. But I bet Gucci makes leather flip flops.... ❀

(Greg is cringing right now!)

No comments:

 Hello, I'm still here!