Thursday, October 11, 2007

Current Goings On

There are a few things going on at work.

First, there was a department lunch today on campus that I chose not to attend. I think of all 100 or so people, I was 1 of 7 who didn't go. Fact is, a free lunch does not lure me into doing work things when I'd rather do my own thing. So I bought my lunch and ate at my desk and surfed the net while they all sat and listened to the mucky mucks talk about things no one really cares about. However, I have a feeling not going is going to bite me somehow. Like I will get "talked" to or I will be looked at like I am not a team player. We'll see what happens.

The other thing is we are having a pumpkin decorating contest. I got really excited about this when I saw the email. I got two other people together and we came up with a theme and got started. I took it home and did the foundation of the decorating. Yesterday at lunch the 3 of us worked on it and 1 of them made a negative comment about what I'd done. So....that started things off badly. I will post a photo Monday and you all can see the finished project. I'm less excited about it now. Just takes one bad seed...

1 comment:

littlemikemack said...

Why does something have to throw out a negative comment about something that should be fun ??

I don't think the old saying is
" if you can't say anything nice, just go ahead and be a complete ass".

Laughing at myself 'cuz I saw some good jack-o-laterns in the Rachel Ray magazine yesterday.

 Hello, I'm still here!